Start a New Service
How to Start a New Service
To set up or transfer service, complete the Utility Service Application and Customer Agreement provided as a pdf attachment below. You will need to pay applicable service fees and deposits prior to Service Startup.
Please note: To transfer a service to another account location, the customer must be current on payment with no past due. If there is a debt, it must be paid in full prior to service being transferred. A new Utility Service Application and Customer Agreement must be completed.
What information will you (customer) need to provide?
- Name, Date of Birth, Social Security Number, or Tax ID number (if applicable)
- Address of the property to receive service(s)
- Valid identification (DOT or ID card, other form of Government ID, or passport)
- Mailing Address, Valid Phone Number, and Email address
- Proof of ownership or Rental Agreement
- Acceptable Proof of Ownership Includes: a settlement statement/HUD statement, sales agreement contract, a tax notice for the property with the Customer’s Name matching ID, homeowner’s insurance policy with Name and Address of location, or deed/title to property
- Acceptable proof of Rental includes: A rental agreement
- Requested Date Service is expected to begin.
- A credit check will be performed to determine Deposit Amount.
- Detailed Service Information/Specifications for each utility. Bamberg Board of Public Works does not determine size/flow rate/etc. of service needed for each application. The applicant is responsible for this information.
Submit in Person:
City Hall | 2340 Main Highway | Bamberg SC | 29003 | Office Hours: 8:00 am–5:00 pm
How to Stop a Service
To stop service with us, please provide the following information via Phone, Entry below, or by email:
Please Contact Us if you have any questions regarding disconnect. We look forward to helping you!