Understanding My Bill
Below is an example bill with item descriptions numbered below.
Front of Bill
Back of Bill
1: Bamberg Board of Public Works Account Number
2: Payment Summary: Amount Due Current/ Late Payment Date and Past Due After Late Payment Date
3: Meter Description and Last 6 Digits of Meter ID: Meter ID can be found on the Body of the Meter.
4: Meter Usage during Billing Period (5):
- Residential Electric Charges: Your Electric Charges are a combination of the actual usage measured in kWh multiplied by the current Electric Rate and a Service Charge. (Rates and Service Charges depend on Type of Service I.e., Residential or 3 Phase Commercial).
- Natural Gas Charges: Your Gas Charges are a combination of the actual usage measured in CCF (One Hundred Cubic Feet). This Measurement is then multiplied by a 100 Multiplier to convert to Cubic Feet to get Final Consumption. Consumption is multiplied by the current gas rate plus a Service Charge. (Rates and Service Charge depend on Residential/Commercial/Industrial Services).
- Water Charges: Your Water Charges are a combination of actual usage measured in 1000 Gallons multiplied by the current rate and a Service Charge. (Rates depend on Inside/Outside of City of Bamberg and Residential/Commercial/Industrial Accounts).
- Sewer Charges: Your Sewer Charges are combination of actual Water Usage measured in 1000 Gallons multiplied by the current rate and a Service Charge. (Rates depend on Inside/Outside of City of Bamberg and Residential/Commercial/Industrial Accounts).
- Security Light Charges: Security Light Charges are based on a fixed fee for Type and Size of Light Requested.
For inquiries regarding current Rates and Service Charges, please contact our office at (803) 245-5128.
5: Billing Period: Bamberg Board of Public Works will read meters on the 15th of every month. In this Mock Bill, the Billing Period is from January 15th to February 15th.
6: Payment Information: Please see information regarding the convenient methods of payment. Online Payment (Link to Paymentus here), Phone Payments, Return Mail with Check or Cash Payment, or visit our friendly staff at City Hall!
7: Garbage Fee: As a service, Bamberg Board of Public Works collects fees for Garbage for the City of Bamberg. Funds collected are transferred to the City of Bamberg. For questions or concerns regarding Garbage, please contact (803) 245-5128 and request the City Clerk.
8: Service Charges: Fee Schedule assessed for Bamberg Board of Public Works services rendered.